Underground Production Engineer
Perth - FIFO
Our client owns numerous mines and is an established gold producer, next to no debt and a well-known and visible leadership team, both impressive and stable. A great future, with impressive financial fundamentals and solid expansion plans in place. The vast majority of times I recruit for this organisation is due to internal promotions.
Regarded as one of the best networked people consultants in Australia, Highgrade Professional brings together recruitment and industry experts to deliver outstanding outcomes in Mining, Metro, Rail, Light Rail and Road transport infrastructure, technical niches, renewables infrastructure, civil, rail, mining and construction engineering, and construction operations.
A nice place to call home with great camp life to boot, this mine has a super long life with significant resources and mine reserves. It’s a high volume operation producing circa 200koz gold pa and is now moving to a high grades phase, with a very low cost (AISC running circa $900.) There are operational pits, higher grade satellites and underground potential operations. Grades are increasing at depth, currently around the 3m/t mark, and 50% increases in mill capacity are planned over the next few years.
Promotions within the wider business & ongoing expansion plans of this open pit operation have now dictated the need for an experienced mining engineer to join the operations at a Junior level, with a package to $145,000, depend upon your skillset.
You will have the opportunity to make a difference and your individual efforts recognised and rewarded. Your tasks will comprise of a number of the following –
- Involvement in short - medium-term project work as required and/or as requested
- Participation in drill and blast QA/QC audit processes.
- Maintain production performance database
- Compliance reporting of key production metrics to monitor performance and identify schedule threats or opportunities.
- Participation in mine planning processes to ensure accurate forecasting and interaction management.
- Partake in a small, fast-paced, dynamic team working alongside survey, geology, production and maintenance groups.
- Embrace the ideation and review of ideas that will lead to business improvement
- Positive communication and engagement with operators, supervisor, and foremen.
- Analysing scheduling plans to ensure technical services are providing plans that reach targets
- Manage production, scheduling, drill&blast and short-term planning
- Assessing underground working environments;
- Responsible for drill and blast and production functions
- Participation in the long hole drill design;
- Optimising production plans, methods, equipment, and expenditure
This role, FIFO from Perth, is for a mining engineer with a few years of Australian hardrock underground experience under your belt with sound production & reconciliation skills, with exposure to Underground production drill & blast systems, including design and process.
You will be relevant degree qualified though more importantly, you will be experienced enough to undertake a number of these tasks without supervision, with positive work references from your previous production engineer or above to attest.
You will need to have experience conducting solid underground production plans using Deswick or Surpac, ideally with IKON Firing training
Our client is well aware of the factors that drive a motivated and engaged employee, and those factors include but also demand more than a solid salary.
Whilst you will be offered a salary well above industry average, you will also be provided significant family and career package enhancements. You will be offered substantial career development mentoring, training and industry involvement and engagement.
Please apply now or call Jeremy on 0478 644 655 to discuss further. I can be emailed at Jeremy.Symes@Highgrade.net.au